Over the past couple of years, I’ve written and spoken frequently on the topic of freelancing and independent contracting. After presenting on How to Become a Successful Freelancer at the Articulate Community Roadshow 2015: Toronto, I had a lot of questions that involved things I learned through doing (e.g. sending my first invoice, drafting a contract, etc.). In an effort to respond to these questions, I’ll be starting a new blog post series!
The series should go live next week, so stay tuned, but in the meantime, here is a collection of some of my most popular blog posts where I become your Freelancer Sensei and impart all of my wisdom:
- Where to Find Freelance Instructional Design Gigs
- 3 Bits of Advice for Aspiring Freelancers
- 3 Tips for Countering Feelings of Overwhelm
- 10 Things I Learned in My 1st Year of Self-Employment
- Preferences and Assumptions
- 3 Ways to Increase Your Productivity
- 3 Ways to Improve Your Workflow
- Letting Go of Fear
- On Getting Out of My Comfort Zone
Take a look through those posts and let me know if you have any pressing questions – just leave those in the comments section; I’ll address them, I promise! And don’t forget to pop back frequently next week when the new post series goes live.