Yesterday, Jonathan from the Articulate E-Learning Heroes Community tweeted at me asking how I go about publishing my Articulate Storyline outputs to Dropbox, so I made a screencast! It took a couple of takes due to sneezing fits and barking beagles, but I think it does a good job at explaining how easy it is to upload your Storyline outputs to both Dropbox.com and Google Drive.
Below, I’ll outline the steps and then I’ll include the screencast so you can see how I published my Storyline output to both technologies.
Publishing to Dropbox
- Download and install the Dropbox app.
- Drag your output folder to your dropbox.
- Open dropbox and drag the output folder to the Public folder.
- Open the uploaded folder, within the Public folder, and right-click the story.html file.
- Select Copy Public Link.
- Open a new browser tab and paste the copied link.
Publishing to Google Drive
- Download and install the Google Drive app.
- Drag your output folder to your Google Drive.
- Open the uploaded folder, and rename ‘story.html’ to ‘index.html’
- Return to the your main page of Google Drive and right-click the uploaded folder.
- Select Google Drive > View on the web.
- Google Drive will open; Select Open in Drive (in the upper right-hand corner).
- Click My Drive, and then select the check mark beside the uploaded folder.
- Select the Share icon (icon of a person with a + symbol) and click Advanced.
- Select Change next to ‘who has access’ and change the permissions to Public on the web. Click Save.
- Enter the uploaded folder, and in the browser address bar, copy the identifier, which includes all letters and numbers appearing after “0#folders/”.
- Open a new browser tab and in the address bar type “http://googledrive.com/host/” after ‘/host/’, paste the identifier copied in the previous step.
As you can see, there are a few more steps when publishing to Google Drive versus doing so with Dropbox, so for ease, I recommend Dropbox; however, both are good options. My preferences is to publish to my website’s server, and if that option isn’t available, publishing to Articulate Tempshare.
Video Demonstration – Publishing Articulate Storyline Output to Dropbox and Google Drive