Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a very safe and happy holiday season…now GET BACK TO WORK!
2014 was a very interesting year for me. Here’s a quick synopsis:
- I broke into the post-secondary education scene at a local university (part-time);
- I quit my full-time job and took my side business full-time;
- I presented at my first ever speaking engagement: E-Learning Heroes Community Roadshow: Toronto;
- I wrote my very first every blog post for ATD;
- I was propositioned to author not one, but two books;
- My part-time post-secondary education gig went full-time;
- I presented at my second speaking engagement: E-Learning Heroes Community Roadshow: Denver;
- I met a lot of my e-learning idols, engaged in some beta-testing for Articulate, had some exciting learning experiences with Articulate, and networked like I meant it;
- My proposal was accepted to speak at Learning Solutions 2015; and
- I worked with a ton of really incredible clients and was able to become more strategic with whom I worked with.
Now before I get on with my goals for 2015, here’s some real talk. I struggle with anxiety – mainly social anxiety. While you might think I made leaps and bounds challenging my anxiety in 2014, I really didn’t do so on a personal level. I still have a lot of fear and anxiety interacting with people I know (and whom I have known for 10+ years) on a social level (e.g. at parties, etc.), so New Years Eve 2014 was spent as a designated driver, human thunder shirt for our dog who is terrified by fireworks, and watching the non-HBO broadcast premiere of The Wire. Not a bad way to spend the evening, but still not optimal.
With that being said, my goals for 2015 are mostly personal goals:
- Begin therapy to conquer my social anxiety (or at least learn how to cope with it);
- Maintain a consistent exercise schedule and run a half marathon in May (and possibly another in September);
- Take positive steps toward becoming the best version of myself I can be;
- Spend more time with my husband and our family; and
- Travel to Europe with my husband, taking a proper vacation.
As for business goals:
- Complete both books and have them published;
- Present and KILL IT at Learning Solutions 2015;
- Continue networking with colleagues I respect;
- Continue working with clients I respect;
- Conduct various workshops at the university and encourage growth within our distance offerings;
- Overhaul my portfolio;
- Participate more actively in the ELH Challenges;
- Continue blogging regularly; and
- Begin authoring my third book.